- 🏗️Visit to EHDD Architecture: A Day of Learning and Inspiration
- 🌴Join our LIBRE Summer Program! Registration is open until June 13th
- 👨💻Academic Enrichment Day: Software Engineering
- 🏞Tunnel Tops Adventure: Exploring the New Park near Golden Gate Bridge
- 🏕️Water Rafting & Camping at American River
- 🤩A Trip Through San Francisco's Maze
- 🎃Students Showcase Creativity with Halloween Pumpkin Decorations
- 🚔Academic Enrichment Day: Law Enforcement
- 🐟Vamos a Pescar - Lake Chabot
- 🏔Lake Tahoe: An Adventure of a Lifetime
- 🎓Graduation: Celebrating Our Achievements Together
- 👉Read all
Vamos a Pescar - Lake Chabot
September 5, 2021
We had an amazing opportunity to learn how to fish and spend a day on the lake at Lake Chabot in Castro Valley. It was an exciting and educational experience for everyone involved. The day started with a brief training session where the youth learned about fishing techniques, equipment, and safety tips. They were taught how to cast a line, tie a hook, and reel in a catch. The youth were eager to learn and asked lots of questions, showing their enthusiasm for the activity.
Throughout the day, the youth caught a variety of fish, including trout, bass, and catfish. They were proud of their accomplishments and took many pictures to capture the memories. They also learned about the importance of catch-and-release, as they returned the fish to the lake to maintain its ecosystem. The day ended with a feeling of success and accomplishment. The youth had not only learned how to fish but also gained new skills, friendships, and experiences. Many of them expressed a newfound appreciation for the outdoors and a desire to continue fishing in the future.